This morning I woke up to seven missed calls, and four text messages. I felt so loved!
It was a great way to start my day.
After working all day on my birthday last year I decided that this year I wanted to take the day off.
SO..... I did!
I have spent the whole day being lazy, and it has been fabulous.
I was able to sleep in, which was the greatest thing ever.
For my birthday this year Joe made me an appointment for a facial massage.
One of the best presents ever.
I am a total massage junkie.
If I could afford it I would get one every two weeks, but I can't.
Because of this I was so excited to get a massage today.
It was so relaxing, and I am already looking forward to the next opportunity to get another massage.
After my massage, I saw that I had received a message from my biological mom, Patty.
Beth and I have spent the last few months getting to know her, and I was so excited to have the following story for my own keeping.
My Day Having You
I woke up at three am with labor pains. Went out on the couch and back to sleep. Woke up again at four am another pain. Every hour on the hour more pain. I thought well I will take a bath and then wake up Mike. Then its eight am I'm on my way to the hospital more pain than I can handle. But so excited my baby girl is on her way. Her name will be Rebecca Susanne. I picked that name because that is my mother's name and none of my family had named a child after mom. And Susanne after a very good friend of mine Susanne Wilson Christianson. Well as soon as I got to the hospital I had you instantly. I remember it was the day the President was inaugerated it was on every tv in the hospital. It was a great day to have a beautiful girl named Becky Sue. I was a very happy Mom. I took you home 24 hrs later. I had a baby shower that day, 54 women showed up. Wow what a home coming. Then we went camera crazy. I love you Becky more so now than ever. I am so very proud of you.
She isn't kidding about the camera crazy thing. There are a ton of pictures of me as a baby. Some more flattering than others. I was a chunky little thing :)
Today has been a great day.
Bring on the next year, I'm ready for it!
See ya next year birthday.
Happy Birthday! I'm very jealous about he massage. I've got to fing someone in Evanston to go to!
ReplyDelete