Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ARC Camp

Wow, it has been so long since I last blogged! Summer is long gone and the Fall semester is almost over. My life has been so busy lately. A new school, a new home in new city, and a new job soon to be replaced by another new job! Absolutely Crazy!
Well my summer was mostly work, school and packing. I loved my job though so work was more fun than anything else. I spent many of my summer afternoons at the pool with the kiddos. Who can complain about getting paid to play at the pool? Over all it was a great summer. The first week of August was ARC Camp and my last week in Casper. :-(
Here are some pictures from camp. Some of the funnest pictures have the kiddos in them so I cant post them, but here are some substitutes!
ARC CAMP
The cake.
The two great big cakes were sitting on the table,
and being the short person that I am I was not able to reach
high enough to get the whole cake in the picture. lol So this is the
best my short arms and legs were able to do.

The week of camp the weather was horrible. It rained almost all week, and the mountain was covered in fog, so it was COLD. Driving up to the camp was really scary, because you couldnt see anything. But even with the crappy weather the kids still had fun and thats what matters. We spent one day watching movies in the "big room" because it was a smidgen warmer in there than it was outside. Everyone had on hats and gloves, anything to get warm. Joe had come up for the week to help out and because it was the first week of August he didnt expect it to be cold. He had to borrow a sweatshirt from a friend and he was frozen by the time we headed back down to town.


The last night of Camp is a sleep over for the older kids. Every year there is a dance and every year the kids absolutely love it. Usually the same kids stay every year so you would think that the same activity over and over would get old, but they always enjoy it. Plus, on that night they get to stay up until midnight so that is an added bonus. I dont know that any of them are ever awake that late, but they love the idea of being able to if they want to.
The picture above is of Joe and I at the dance. One of the Kiddos took it.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the pictures again reminds me of how cold and miserable it was at camp. Its fun to see the pictures again but makes me a little upset since I didn't get a piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete