Well it is official. Joe and I are no longer Laramie residents. We are pretty well settled in our new place and I am loving it. It has been three days since I rearranged anything so I think I have found permanent places for all of our junk. And man we have a lot of junk. Our 831 sq. foot apartment is packed. Too bad my phone charger is still missing. I was certain I would find it once all the boxes were unpacked, but no luck. I am thinking it is time bite the bullet and buy a new one, or maybe just upgrade my phone? I know as soon I do do either of those the missing phone charger will show up.
The last five weeks have been insane. I knew they would be, but I am more exhausted than I could have imagined. I was reading through my journal last night and a few weeks ago I wrote, "I feel like I am living in survival mode since Joe was offered this job." That is the best way I can phrase how all of these giant changes have affected me. Although life has been crazy it has also been fun.
Over spring break, Beth came up to Laramie and spent the week with me. It was so fun to spend some time with her. She helped me pack. We ate really good food, we made all sorts of junk food including cookies and donuts! We watched movies, and caught up on each other's lives. It was so great having her around for almost a whole week. Beth has always helped me stay grounded. I am the worry wort and more often than not I need someone to help me put things into perspective, and it was so great to have her with me during all of this.
My Mom also came up for a few days. She had a meeting with one of the ladies at the University about getting ideas for finishing the green house. It would be so cool to have that green house finished! Anyway, while she as there she helped me with the last of the packing. Which made getting everything loaded so much easier. She also took me out for breakfast at BagelMakers. The best bagel sandwich I have had, well minus Panera bread. I wish I had found this place sooner. It was delicious. So all of you Laramie friends out there, if you haven't discovered BagelMakers yet go check it out!
For Joe's job there was a great big launch party for the new eco friendly media campaign. One of the coolest things I have ever been to. The event was semi-formal, so I got to dress up which is always fun. The whole thing was about four hours. First there were cocktails, and then dinner and dessert. Then there was a presentation about the charity work that the company is doing. Then of course a presentation about the new campaign. It was pretty cool to see how the team came up with all of the ideas. They showed us from start to finish how the campaign came to life. Pretty awesome! Plus we were in a room filled with millionaires, which makes ya sit up a little straighter. Anyway it was a pretty cool experience.
I didn't do a very good job taking pictures during all of this.
All I have are the ones from the launch party.
No comments:
Post a Comment